From The Archives

 Here’s a letter from E. E. Saberhagen, employee of Puget Sound Power and Light Company, to Mr. Frank, a founding Club member on the Board.  Dated 1922.

“Dear Sir:
As I was driving up the North Trunk Road, my attention was attracted by a group of street lights , the only ones north of the city limits on the above road, and I remembered they lead to the Haller Lake District.  Likewise, I recalled that the people were contemplating putting in some additional lights.  How are they getting along?  If there is anything I can do, kindly call me at the Electric Company.”
Can you imagine North Trunk Road?  We know it as Aurora today.  It was rural back then.  Haller Lake Circle, an early street pavement project almost standing alone.  Indeed, lights, too, were something of a first.  Seattle’s north city limits at the time?  Eighty-fifth Street just a stone’s throw from Green Lake.
Randy Harkness
Club Historian

Comments

Popular Posts

May 2 General Meeting - Seattle Nice Podcast

Haller Lake Land Use Update

HLCC General Meeting - Seattle Needs Trees

Junction Point Homeless Shelter Off 128th Street